Endorsed by the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade & Investment and the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD), African Farming’s Agroinvestment Summit has been designed to embrace a wide range of stakeholders like government officials, importers, distributors, agribusiness owners, C-level executives from food companies, trade union members and manufacturers and suppliers of agricultural equipment, machinery and services.
This years' summit will focus on three major focal points:
- Achievement of integrated finance for African agricultural development via cross-border partnerships among financial institutions.
- Harnessing processing & packaging opportunity via Public-Private partnerships for agro-development.
- How tariffs will affect future trading and agro-food relationships in Nigeria with a special focus on the attraction of foreign direct investment /partnership
According to the industry experts, on an annual basis more than US$10bn is committed across Africa in agricultural development, food, beverage products and services. As the market and investment opportunities for the Nigerian agriculture and food markets is increasingly dynamic due to the population growth, urbanisation, income growth and higher output services, the event will discuss some of the recent challenges and opportunities the sector is facing the present day.
The summit will create a cohesive platform for trade and investment opportunities, attracting major investors and buyers from around the globe.
- Deployment of agro-machinery in Nigeria and technology via OEM partnerships
- Local assembly investment, challenges and opportunities in Nigeria
- Funding for agro-development and value addition
- Harnessing, processing and packaging via PPP partnerships for sufficiency and exports
- Improvement of rural infrastructure that will support agroinvestment in Nigeria - solutions and challenges
- Cross-border trading
- Increase productivity and output
For more details, please visit the event website